Drum roll please… and the award for FORBES #1 MOST OVERPAID ACTOR (a top honor no one wants) goes to…
…Eddie Murphy. Back in the day (AKA the ‘80s) Eddie brought in over $300 million for the studios, but as of late, he made a little less than $200 million…with inflation, apparently, that sucks.
We wonder what some of the other actors who made Forbes’ top 10 worst investment list, are up to these days. Below are a few interesting things we discovered:
#2. Katherine Heigl just put her $2.7 million home up for sale…and is pretending to focus on raising her two children. (Her 2nd place honor is tied to her string of flops including: 27 Dresses, The Ugly Truth and the latest, One For The Money.)
# 6. Nicolas Cage…In a recent interview said he’s thinking about moving from his usual tough-guy roles to becoming a ‘song-and-dance man’…he’d love to try a musical…maybe “’Guys and Dolls’ or ‘Oklahoma!’”
#7. Adam Sandler…Poor guy, he keeps having to deny Twitter rumors that he’s dead. Seriously. Fake death reports keep circling that he died in a snowboarding accident. But, thankfully Adam Sandler is not dead… although it’s almost worse…he’s currently filming the sequel to Grown Ups. (BTW, Eddie Murphy has also had Twitter death reports via snowboarding.)
Here is the full list from Forbes:
1. Eddie Murphy
2. Katherine Heigl
3. Reese Witherspoon? (How Do You Know is a BIG part of Reese’s top ranking; it only made $49 mill but cost $120 mill—a big chunk went to pay Reese’s salary)
4. Sandra Bullock (Blame it equally on—All About Steve and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close)
5. Jack Black? (The Big Year was a BIG FLOP…has anyone even heard of this film??)
6. Nicolas Cage
7. Adam Sandler
8. Denzel Washington? (Uh oh…hope he doesn’t go back to drinking and flying)
9. Ben Stiller (Bummer Ben…get with it…for starters, stop making movies with Eddie Murphy!)
10. Sarah Jessica Parker (We could have predicted that…)
Check these out too!
Tell us what you think.
There are no comments on this entry.
Add a Comment
Fill in the form and submit.